Last updated: July 31, 2015
This policy tells you, among other things, what information we gather from you, how we may use or disclose that information, and our efforts to protect it. Please read this policy carefully, and feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding its contents.
Types of Information Collected
You may browse our Site without providing us your contact or other personal information. However, when you access certain services or use certain features, we my collect personal information from you.
Information We Collect Directly. In connection with your use of our Site, we ask for and may collect a variety of information from and about you in different ways. For example, when you register for support you will be asked for your and/or your business’ name, address, email address and other contact data. In addition, we collect email addresses and other contact information for marketing purposes, and may collect name, contact and other information if you request information from us, submit an comment or inquiry to us, or sign up for our newsletter or other information. We may also collect the information you disclose in any of our blogs and other areas on our site where you may post information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We (or our third party providers) may automatically collect certain information about users and their use of or access to our Site. For example, we may automatically collect the following information through cookies, web beacons, log files, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; access time; and a device identifier. This information may be linked with the personal data we have collected from you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect through our Site, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services, to communicate with you about your use of our Site, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- For marketing, advertising and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We may also use the information we collect to advertise products and services on our Site and third party sites, and to work with network advertisers to do the same.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes. As part of this, we may combine your personal information, and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of revenue generated through our site in a particular geographic region.
Disclosure of Information
We share information follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may contract with certain vendors to host data related to the Platform.
- Third Parties. We may provide your personally identifying information, and information about your activities and preferences, to other companies wishing to contact you about products or services. We may also provide these companies with collective profiles of our user groups and their activities and preferences. Such collective profiles may also be disclosed in describing our site and services to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. See the “Your Choices” section below for information on how to limit this sharing.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties that does not identify a customer or their individual customers or end users.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies enable a faster log-in process, and some allow us to track your activities at our Sites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to disable cookies or change your cookies settings.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to track the activities of visitors to our Sites, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Sites. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our clients, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Local Storage Objects. Certain third party plug-ins (such as YouTube) that we use on the Site may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”). Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
You may choose to restrict our use of your information to maintaining your account on the site, or prohibit our disclosure of your information to others, by contacting us and directing us to impose such limits. For example, if requested, we will not provide your information to any third parties. If you do not wish us to provide your information to third parties, or otherwise wish us to restrict the use or disclosure of your information, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you, including newsletters. You may opt-out of such communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
At any time after you have logged on to our site, you may contact us at email@example.com to request access to information we have collected regarding you or your business or to notify us of changes to such information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of such information in our business records.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
It may be necessary from time to time for us to modify this policy to reflect changes in the way we collect and use information or changes in privacy-related laws, regulations, and industry standards. Accordingly, we reserve the right to change this policy at any time by posting the revised policy on this web site. This policy was posted on the date set forth above. Data will be handled in accordance with the policy in effect at the time the data is collected.