Evaluating ConductR 1.0: A Reactive Application Manager
Review the full video and slides from the original webinar (May 27th, 2015)
In case you missed the live session and Q/A, you can now review the slides and watch the full webinar of Evaluating Typesafe ConductR, a Reactive Application Manager, presented by Derek Henninger (Typesafe's VP of Engineering) and Ed Callahan (Senior Software Engineer).
As we reveal in the webinar, ConductR is now available to evaluate for teams building Java or Scala applications with Play Framework, Akka or Slick. As an Operations tool for managing these Typesafe Reactive Platform technologies, if you aren't using any of these technologies, then ConductR isn't available to evaluate (but here's where you can learn more about Typesafe Reactive Platform).
In this webinar, we go over:
- A description of ConductR and what it does
- Why the focus is on clustered applications & microservices, not servers
- Build lifecycle and cluster support
- How ConductR enforces resiliency (i.e. "fail often and gracefully")
- How ConductR enables greater elasticity at scale
- Dynamic service discovery for "anywhere" services
- Evaluation next steps for Java or Scala applications using Play, Akka or Slick
For dessert, Ed Callahan gives a 20-minute demo with a three-node cluster using ConductR with Amazon EC2, Ansible and Typesafe Reactive Platform. Feel free to watch the full video here:
NOTE: although we all recognize that this is 2015, web conferencing technology is still, at times, unreliable. Unfortunately, in this video from 6:37 to 7:52, we have mostly lost audio as the presentation continues. We made a sacrifice to the GoToMeeting overlords in the hope that this won't happen again. Thanks for understanding!