Scala Days 2017 - Schedules Published For Chicago & Copenhagen Events
Schedule for Scala Days 2017 published!
Our program is packed with talks about Scala, Akka, and Spark, Fast Data streaming and Microservices and more. Both Scala Days in Chicago and Copenhagen feature two workshop days on Tuesday and Wednesday and start with a keynote by Dr. Martin Odersky, the creator of Scala, on Wednesday evening. Thursday and Friday you will have the opportunity to choose between four concurrent tracks with sessions targeting different experience levels–and there’s always one session which is beginner friendly.
Expert picks. The highlights at Scala Days.
Scala Days provide the unique opportunity to get all the knowledge, experience, and conversations knowledge in one place, with industry luminaries presenting in both locations. Some talks we are especially looking forward to feature in both locations:
- Holden Karau (Principal Software Engineer at IBM) giving a talk about Extending Spark Machine Learning - Beyond Linear Regression in Chicago and will give an Introduction to Spark Datasets in Copenhagen.
- Eric Torreborre (Software engineer at Zalando) will give 2 different talks, Practical Eff monad for microservices in Chicago and Streams, effects and beautiful folds, a winning trilogy in Copenhagen.
- Adriaan Moors (Scala team lead at Lightbend) talks about the team’s mission to make Scala the most practical and productive language you've ever worked with, by providing a flexible set of simple constructs to help you build scalable and maintainable solutions for complex problems. In his talk Scala 2.12 and the road towards 3.0 which you can see in both locations, he takes a close look at Scala 2.12's features as well as the road ahead for the Scala 2.x series.
In Chicago, you will have the opportunity to see:
- Presenting at Scala Days since he was only 12 years old, Shadaj Laddad will present his talk Stream Away with Scala!
- Lightbend’s Duncan Devore talking about Managing Consistency, State and Identity in Distributed Microservices live on stage.
In Copenhagen, you can see:
- Miles Sabin and his presentation Exploring the Typelevel Scala landscape
- Manuel Bernhardt will show you 8 Akka anti-patterns you'd better be aware of.
- And finally, Konrad Malawski is taking on the Akka team update The best is yet to come - State of Akka in 2017
2017 Scala Days Conferences will be held in Chicago on April 18 - 21, 2017 and in Copenhagen, on May 30 - June 2 ,2017. Stay up to date with @ScalaDays on Twitter!
Register with the code lightbendfriend to get $50 off the regular ticket price today and make sure you don’t miss Scala Days!