Lightbend Akka Streams for Java - Professional
This one day course introduces experienced Akka developers to the Akka Streams API. Akka Streams enables the consumption of streaming data, in a fully non-blocking, asynchronous manner. It also allows us to consume that data while providing non-blocking backpressure to prevent mailbox overflows. Our goal is to learn the components that make up the Akka Streams API and how they interact. We will see a broad range of different Akka Streams components and have a chance to use many of them.
After having participated in this course you should
- Understand the basic concepts of Akka Streams
- Know how to build linear streams using Sources, Sinks, and Flows
- Know how to implement fault tolerant streams
- Know how to introduce non-linear graph shapes into your streams
- Be confident to start using Akka Streams in production systems
- Runnable Graphs
- Fault Tolerance
- Code examples and exercises will be written in Java, so a working knowledge of Java is required.
- We will leverage operations similar to those in the Java Streams API. Knowledge of the Streams API is very beneficial.
- Code examples and exercises will leverage Java Lambdas, so a working knowledge of Lambdas is required.
- We will need concepts from Akka Actors. A basic knowledge of Actors, Dispatchers, and Mailboxes is required.
- Level: Intermediate - knowledge of and practical experience with Java and Akka is assumed
- Length: One and 1/2 days - 10-12 hours of classroom time, plus breaks
- Approach: Extensive hands-on coding - students develop a workshop case study and produce an application based on a streaming architecture
- Requirements: Students must bring their own laptops with Java 8
- Lightbend Reactive Architecture - Professional
- Lightbend Akka for Java - Professional
- Lightbend Akka for Java - Expert