How To Extend Akka Resilience And Scalability Across Datacenters
View on Slideshare
By now, you’ve probably heard of Akka, the JVM toolkit of choice for companies like Verizon, Intel, PayPal, Norwegian Cruise Lines and Samsung when it comes to building scalable, resilient and resource efficient applications in Java or Scala. With over 12 open-source and commercial modules in the toolkit, Akka takes developers from actors on a single JVM, all the way out to network partition healing and clusters of servers distributed across fleets of JVMs.
In this technical webinar, O’Reilly author and Lightbend Developer Advocate, Hugh McKee, takes you on a deep dive into advanced Akka features for enhanced application resilience, elasticity, and responsiveness.
Building on real-world examples from his past experience as an Akka developer, Hugh will show how you can take advantage of:
- Akka Multi-Data Center Clustering or improving reliability across multiple data centers, availability zones or regions.
- Logically grouping related nodes in large clusters to improve stability and scalability.
- Akka Multi-Data Center Persistence for increased fault tolerance, locating data near the user, and balancing the load across data centers.
- Akka Cluster Sharding in a multi data center environment, to optimize shard locality within a single data center and go Active-Active for improved resilience and availability.
Watch The Full Video
Watch on YouTube
What To Do Next
Whether you're looking to ramp up your Akka Cluster applications with new commercial features, learn more about why Akka's Actor model makes it ideal for lightweight, distributed compute, or take a step back to learn about Akka from A to Z, we've got resources for you here:
- Akka For Professionals - Get your team hooked on Akka with this comprehensive introduction by Hugh McKee, “Akka Revealed”.
- The Why Of The Actor Model For Distributed Systems - Learn why Akka is so ideal for distributed systems with a free copy of Hugh McKee’s O’Reilly eBook: Designing Reactive Systems: The Role of Actors in Distributed Architecture.
- Akka Enterprise Add-Ons & Support - Learn about Akka's enterprise add-ons like Intelligent Monitoring, Split Brain Resolver, Thread Starvation Detector, and more. All are included in a Lightbend subscription.
As always, as Lightbend representative is ready to set up a chat with you whenever you're ready. The fastest way to get contacted is through our Contact Us page:
SET UP A CHAT