Build Real-Time Streaming ETL Pipelines with Akka Streams, Alpakka and Apache Kafka
Is It Time To Evolve From Batch To Streaming ETL?
Things were easier when all our data used to be offline, analyzed overnight in batches. Now our data is online, in motion, and generated constantly. For architects, developers and their businesses, this means that there is an urgent need for tools and applications that can deliver real-time (or near real-time) streaming ETL capabilities.
In this session by Konrad Malawski, author, speaker and Senior Akka Engineer at Lightbend, you will learn how to build these streaming ETL pipelines with Akka Streams, Alpakka and Apache Kafka, and why they matter to enterprises that are increasingly turning to streaming Fast Data applications. Webinar topics include:
- How Akka Streams enables projects to move away from batch-centric processing in ETL workflow to streaming pipelines that are fully Reactive.
- The role of the Alpakka initiative in building streaming connectors to various technologies, including various AWS offerings, Apache Cassandra, Google Cloud, MQTT, as well as inter-operating with your existing Apache Camel endpoints and more.
- Examples of typical patterns and integrations such as Apache Kafka, as well as monitoring those good old “flat files over FTP” services (to start with baby steps).
- How Akka Streams connects everything together as a lightweight, low-latency streaming engine in a world where the term “stream” carries oh-so-many meanings.
Watch The Full Video
Learn More About Fast Data & Streaming Technologies
If you are a developer or architect looking to learn more, consider our Fast Data Platform Technical Overview or Fast Data Architectures for Streaming Applications, by Dean Wampler (VP of Fast Data Engineering at Lightbend). If you are a team lead or manager, review our Reactive Launch engagement and read some of our streaming and Fast Data success stories from enterprises like Credit Karma, Weight Watchers, Zalando, Swisscom and Intel:
- Fast Data Platform Technical Overview (PDF)
- Free O'Reilly Book: Fast Data Architectures for Streaming Applications
- Learn About Our Reactive Launch Enablement Service
- Success Stories: 11 Lightbend Customers That Launched Streaming and Fast Data Applications
Of course, a Lightbend representative is always available to schedule a 20-min introductory chat with you and your team. Simply contact us here: