How Credit Karma Makes Real-Time Decisions For 60 Million Users With Akka Streams And Kafka
Using Akka Streams In Production For Real-Time Decision Making
In this webinar, Engineering Manager at Credit Karma Dustin Lyons discusses how not long ago his team was facing a common challenge shared by many financial services architects and engineering leaders: not only how to move from the offline, batch-mode processing of Big Data to streaming, Fast Data, but also how to enable real-time decision making based on the information flowing in from over 60 million members.
Dustin reviews how his team migrated away from PHP and successfully implemented Akka with Apache Kafka to ingest, process and route real-time events throughout their data ecosystem. At the end of this presentation, you’ll better understand:
- The design considerations for new Fast Data architectures, from streaming to microservices to real-time analysis.
- Some lessons learned when it comes to progressing from batch to streaming using Akka Actors, Akka Streams and Kafka
- Why Akka’s self-healing actor model and the resilience that it provides is actually what matters most when delivering real-time customer experiences
Watch The Full Recording (50 Min)
Check Out These Other Resources
Whether you want to learn more about Akka Streams specifically or how streaming, microservices and Fast Data are converging to support the modern customer experience, these resources have something interesting to offer:
- Read The Credit Karma Story: Credit Karma Disrupts Credit Reporting With Reactive Systems and Fast Data
- Get A Free O'Reilly Book: Fast Data Architectures For Streaming Applications
- Akka Streams In Production: Learn how major enterprises like PayPal and Flipkart improved performance and decreased the infrastructure footprint with Akka Streams.
Or, if you'd prefer to speak with someone at Lightbend about bringing the power of Akka into your team, just contact us below to set up a 15-20 minute introductory chat.