How To Get Monitoring Right For Streaming And Fast Data Systems Built With Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra and Kafka
What You Need For Monitoring Streaming & Fast Data Systems
Why Traditional Monitoring Solutions Won't Help You For Fast Data...
Without a doubt, enterprises have begun to embrace embracing Reactive system architectures that rely on continuous streams of data–whether between microservices or from external endpoints–and utilizing the power of Fast Data applications for providing actionable insights in more or less real-time.
So while your traditional batch jobs from the Big Data world aren’t going away overnight, it’s these new types of streaming, Fast Data applications that are sparking the emergence of new business models and new services that drive user retention, growth, and profitability with real-time decision making and deeply personalized and timely offers.
But wait…this sounds a bit like a silver bullet, right?
Well, the flip side is that while these applications are powerful and create significant competitive advantages, they also impose new challenges for monitoring and managing the health of the overall system, which ingest constant streams of data from tens or even hundreds of individual, distributed microservices, data sources, and external endpoints.
One of the primary challenges that we address looks at why traditional monitoring solutions, built for monolithic applications, are unable to effectively manage these intricately interconnected, distributed, and clustered systems.
What You Will Learn
In this Lightbend webinar by Paul Jasek, Senior Director of Global Solution Architects, we present what to look for in an effective monitoring solution for streaming and Fast Data applications. Paul also demos Lightbend Monitoring using sample scenarios to show how we can help your team not just in production, but also during development to catch performance issues before you even deploy.
In the video and corresponding slides, you'll learn:
- Why traditional monitoring solutions, built for legacy monolithic applications, are unable to effectively manage these intricately interconnected, distributed, and clustered systems.
- What to look for in an effective monitoring solution for streaming and Fast Data applications.
- How Lightbend Monitoring’s deep telemetry, automated discovery, configuration, topology visualization, and data-science-driven anomaly detection capabilities help ensure the health, availability and performance of your applications.
- How Lightbend Monitoring helps businesses not just in production but also during development, so they can optimize their applications for performance from Day 1.
- A live demo that includes a product walkthrough and sample scenarios so you can understand how your team can use Lightbend Monitoring to quickly troubleshoot problems and issues, and reduce MTTR.
Watch The Full Video (47 Min)
Check Out These Other Resources
Want to become the monitoring expert in your team? Get in touch with us to schedule a brief demo of Lightbend Monitoring, grab our latest white paper, and learn more about Fast Data systems from our expert authors.
- Let's Talk: Contact Us To Schedule A 20-Min Demo
- Read More: The Secrets To Successfully Monitoring Fast Data And Streaming Applications
- Free O'Reilly Book: Fast Data Architectures For Streaming Applications
p.s. If you are a existing subscriber, simply reach out to your Lightbend representative to get your team started with Lightbend Monitoring, or ask your questions to our expert engineers via our Customer Portal.