Scala sbt 1.1.1 patch notes
Hi everyone. It’s time for a sbt 1.1.x hotfix. We have 1.1.1 available as a hotfix to 1.1.x series.
sbt 1 follows Semantic Versioning
As a reminder, sbt 1 is released under Semantic Versioning. So plugins released for 1.0.x will continue to work throughout 1.x including 1.1, 1.2, etc. This includes the latest 1.1.1 as well.
- Fixes “Modified names for (class) is empty” error. zinc#292 / zinc#484 by @jvican (Scala Center)
- Fixes tab completion in
consolewhile running in batch mode as
sbt console. #3841/#3876 by @eed3si9n
- Fixes file timestamp retrieval of missing files on Windows. #3871 / io#120 by @cunei
- Aligns the errors thrown by file timestamp implementations. Fixes #3894 / io#121 by @j-keck
- Adds file timestamps native support for FreeBSD. #3894 / io#124 by @cunei
Extracted#appendin favour of
appendWithoutSession. #3865 by @dwijnand
- Adds a new global
autoStartServer. See below.
- Upgrades Scala versions used for sbt cross building
^^. #3923 by @dwijnand
- Many documentation maintenance changes by @xuwei-k.
sbt 1.1.1 adds a new global
Boolean setting called
autoStartServer, which is set to
true by default. When set to
true, sbt shell will automatically start sbt server. Otherwise, it will not start the server until
startSever command is issued. This could be used to opt out of server for security reasons.
A huge thank you to everyone who’s helped improve sbt and Zinc 1 by using them, reporting bugs, improving our documentation, porting builds, porting plugins, and submitting and reviewing pull requests.
sbt 1.1.1 was brought to you by 16 contributors, according to
git shortlog -sn --no-merges v1.1.0 ..v1.1.0 on sbt, zinc, librarymanagement, util, io, and website: Kenji Yoshida (xuwei-k), Eugene Yokota, Dale Wijnand, Antonio Cunei, Steve Waldman, Arnout Engelen, Deokhwan Kim, OlegYch, Robert Walker, Jorge Vicente Cantero (jvican), Claudio Bley, Eric Peters, Lena Brüder, Seiya Mizuno, Seth Tisue, j-keck. Thank you!
For anyone interested in helping sbt, there are many avenues you could help, depending on your interest.
- Migrate library builds to sbt 1, or update plugins.
- Report bugs when you see them.
- Send in fixes to bugs.
- Update documentation.
If you’re interested in other ideas, come talk to us on sbt-contrib.