Lightbend Tech Digest - June 2017
I am Summer, come to lure you away from your computer ..
And we all deserve the upcoming break. But this doesn't stop us or our community to create amazing new content and give you some summer time reading. A big thank you to our community for creating so much amazing content sharing the knowledge on how to use Reactive technologies in the right ways.
To help us amplify the news, articles, guides, and how-tos out there, feel free to reach out on Twitter at @myfear to point me towards relevant resources. Now it’s time to sit back, grab a coffee and relax while you read through this month’s highlights!
Releases and Updates
- Highlight: Play 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 released
- Akka 2.4.19 and 2.5.3 released!
- Akka HTTP 10.0.8 released
- Scala Native 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 released
- sbt 1.0 beta2 released
- Lagom 1.3.5 is released!
Articles and Books
- Highlight: Reactive Microservices With Lagom and Java - DZone Refcard
- How To Resolve Network Partitions In Seconds With Lightbend Enterprise Suite
- Akka monitoring with Kamon part 2 and part 3
- Integrating Akka Streams and Akka Actors: Part II
- Introduction to Reactive streams
- Reactive Streams in Scala: Akka Streams vs Monix - part 1 and part 2
- Lagom Circuit Breaker: What, Why and How?
- Let’s get started with Reactive Micro Services
- An interval-based rate limiter for Akka Stream
- Streaming large data sets
- Cluster Aware Actors
- akka-http-session for Java
- Using Apache Spark with Intel BigDL on Mesosphere DC/OS
- Akka Monitoring and Telemetry
- What's new in Scala Native 0.2?
- Guide to Akka Streams
- Modern Web Development with Scala (Updated to Play 2.6)
- Developing a Secure and Scalable Web Ecosystem at LinkedIn
Code snippets and other highlights
- Highlight: As Data-Centric Applications Go Streaming, IBM and Lightbend Team Up
- Five Early Challenges Of Building Streaming & Fast Data Applications
- What if I told you, Scala compiler can understand SQL queries?
- How I contributed to Scala overnight!
- Event sourcing for Akka Streams
- Running Java & Scala Apps with Play! Framework in the Cloud: VPS vs Docker Hosting
- Leverage Watson Java SDK from Play Application
- Quickly build a Reactive web app with Play and Watson Language Translator
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Lightbend’s active and rapidly growing community sponsors meetups and conferences online and all around the world. Our engineers and professional services representatives travel the globe to share insights about Play Framework, Akka, Scala and other projects. Browse our list of conferences, meetups and webinars.
p.s. if you'd like to get in touch with someone at Lightbend, let us know here: