Starting a Local User Group?
Are you interested in building a Play Framework, Akka or Scala community in your city?
Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Set up the group on meetup.com
- Source a local venue for the group
- Establish a regular meeting schedule
- Promote the meetup via social media channels and make presented slides available
- Join the Scala User Group Organizers Meetup
How Lightbend can help!
- Sponsorship and swag: if you are interested in having Lightbend sponsor your meetup or send swag, please email email@example.com
- Reimbursement to the organizer for meetup.com fees
- Connect the organizers with a local Lightbend employee and potential presenters
- Promotion of the group through the Lightbend newsletter, Twitter and community page
To get started, add your meetup to our list, or remove an inactive group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.