Last updated: June 25, 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT TO THIS WEB SITE. BY USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
Lightbend, Inc. ("Lightbend") maintains this web site as a service to its customers, potential customers, and other interested parties. Please visit us frequently, browse our pages, and download documents, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Copyright © 2016 Lightbend, Inc. All rights reserved.
This web site, and the information which it contains, is the property of Lightbend and its affiliates and licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright laws, trademark laws, international conventions and other intellectual property laws.
All other product names that are not owned by Lightbend are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Use of Lightbend Web Site and Its Content
The information contained in this web site is for general guidance on topics selected by Lightbend. Such information is provided on a blind-basis, without any knowledge as to your industry, identity or specific circumstances. The application and impact of relevant laws will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. There may also be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in information contained in this web site.
Lightbend may alter, suspend, or discontinue this web site at any time for any reason, without notice or cost. The web site may become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or other reasons.
By using this web site, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Lightbend from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to, attorneys' fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that is based on your use of this web site in violation of these terms.
No part of this web site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, except that Lightbend authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print Lightbend documents (such as white papers, press releases, data sheets, and FAQs) that are available on this web site, subject to the following conditions:
- The documents may be used solely for noncommercial, informational purposes.
- The documents may not be modified.
- Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed.
Nothing contained on this web site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use this web site or any documents displayed on this web site, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions; or (b) with the prior written permission of Lightbend or such third party that may own the trademark or copyright of material displayed on this web site.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary above, copy or use of any software made available for download from this website shall be subject to the license agreement associated with such software.
Accuracy of Content and Future Modifications to Web Site
The information on this web site is believed to be complete and reliable; however, the information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Lightbend reserves the right to make changes to document names and content, product specifications, or other information without obligation to notify any person of such changes.
Standards of User Conduct
You may not use this web site and its related services (the "Site") to:
- transmit via or through the Site any information, data, text, images, files, links, software, chat, communication or other materials ("Content") that is or which Lightbend considers in its sole discretion to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, hateful or threatening to any group defined by race, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation, or otherwise objectionable, including without limitation blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or excessive profanity or post any obscene, lewd, lascivious, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable Content;
- sell or promote any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the Content is posted or received;
- sell or promote controlled pharmaceutical substances, tobacco, firearms, or alcoholic beverages;
- introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses and/or harmful code on the Internet;
- display material that exploits, or otherwise exploit, children under 18 years of age;
- post any Content or otherwise infringe in any way or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party;
- promote, solicit or participate in multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes;
- harass, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another participant, user, or other individual or entity;
- impersonate any other person, including but not limited to, an Lightbend official, expert or bulletin board leader, guide or host;
- post or disclose any personally identifying information or private information about children or any third parties without their consent (or their parent's consent in case of a child under 13 years of age);
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation on our bulletin boards, including with limitation solicitations of credit card numbers, solicitations for sponsors, or promotion of raffles or contests;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing the Site or in connection with your use of the Site, in any manner; or
- invade the privacy or violate any personal or proprietary right (including intellectual property rights) of any person or entity.
These are some, though not all, of the activities that may result in removal of Content which you post to the Site and/or the termination of your access to the Site.
Notice and Take Down Procedures; Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from this web site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting Lightbend’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Lightbend’s agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:
625 Market Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, Lightbend maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of the rights of users of this web site who are repeat infringers.
Availability of Products and Services Mentioned
Information that Lightbend publishes on this web site may contain references or cross references to products or services that are not available or approved by the appropriate regulatory authorities in your country. Such references do not imply that Lightbend intends to announce or make available such products or services to the general public, or in your country. Consult your Lightbend account representative to determine which products and services may be available to you.
INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING SOFTWARE AND PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS, PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIGHTBEND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (i) THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS CORRECT, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR COMPLETE; (ii) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (iv) THIS WEB SITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Product descriptions and specifications are subject to change. Lightbend periodically adds or updates the information and documents on this web site without notice.
It is the user's responsibility to ascertain whether any information downloaded from this web site is free of viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other items of a potentially destructive nature.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LIGHTBEND BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, MULTIPLE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF LIGHTBEND HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL LIGHTBEND 'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO LIGHTBEND DURING THE MOST RECENT THREE-MONTH PERIOD IN CONNECTION WITH AMOUNTS WHICH YOU PAID FOR USING THIS WEB SITE.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
This web site may contain links to non-Lightbend web sites. These links are provided to you as a convenience, and Lightbend is not responsible for the content of any linked web site. Any outside web site accessed from the Lightbend web site is independent from Lightbend, and Lightbend has no control over the content of that web site. In addition, a link to any non-Lightbend web site does not imply that Lightbend endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such a website.
No Implied Endorsements
In no event shall any reference to any third party or third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by Lightbend of that third party or of any product or service provided by a third party.
Lightbend makes no representation that information on this web site is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this web site from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Submissions to Lightbend and Affiliated Servers
Any information, including but not limited to remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other submissions, communicated to Lightbend through this web site is the exclusive property of Lightbend. Lightbend is entitled to use any information submitted for any purpose, without restriction (except as stated in Lightbend’s Privacy Statement) or compensation to the person sending the submission. The user acknowledges the originality of any submission communicated to Lightbend and accepts responsibility for its accuracy, appropriateness, and legality.
Enforcement of Terms and Conditions
These Terms and conditions are governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the Commonwealth of Delaware, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
All disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be finally resolved by arbitration conducted in the English language in Delaware, U.S.A. before a single arbitrator under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. The parties shall bear equally the cost of the arbitration (except that the prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of reasonable attorneys' fees incurred in connection with the arbitration in such an amount as may be determined by the arbitrator). All decisions of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on both parties and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding this, application may be made to any court for a judicial acceptance of the award or order of enforcement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Lightbend shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief, security, or other equitable remedies from the United States District Court for the District of Delaware or any other court of competent jurisdiction.
If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. Lightbend may, at its sole discretion and without notice, revise these terms at any time by updating this posting.
This is the entire Agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by a new posting by Lightbend, as described above.
For Additional Information
If you have any questions about the rights and restrictions above, please contact Lightbend at firstname.lastname@example.org.